Industrial Flexible Needle Roller Bearing Swivel Ball Cross Steering Drive Shaft Coupling End Yoke Spider Universal Joint for Auto Heavy Truck Cars Spare Parts
Universal joint bearing is a kind of mechanical structure which uses ball connection to realize power transmission of different shafts. It is a very important part of bearing. The combination of universal joint and transmission shaft is called universal joint transmission device. The universal joint cross bearing sold in our shop is made of special steel, with high strength and toughness, heat quenching treatment, super high hardness, long
service life, durable and strong.
|Name||Universal Joint/U Joint|
|Accessaries||Snap Rings: 4pcs|
|Grease Nipples: 1pc|
|Packing Details||Plastic Bags|
|White or Color Individal Boxes|
|Payment||T/T, L/C, Western Union, Paypal, Money Gram|
What Is a Gear Coupling and How Does It Work?
A gear coupling is a type of mechanical coupling that connects two shafts together to transmit torque and rotational motion between them. It consists of two gear-like hubs with external teeth that mesh together and transmit torque via the engagement of the teeth. The gear teeth on the hubs allow for high torque transmission and provide flexibility to accommodate misalignments between the shafts.
The working principle of a gear coupling can be summarized as follows:
1. Gear Hubs: A gear coupling consists of two hubs, each attached to the respective shafts that need to be connected. The hubs have external gear teeth that mesh together when the coupling is assembled.
2. Gear Teeth Engagement: When the two gear hubs are brought together during installation, the gear teeth on one hub mesh with the corresponding teeth on the other hub. This meshing creates a strong mechanical connection between the two shafts.
3. Torque Transmission: As the connected shafts rotate, the gear teeth engage and transmit torque from one shaft to the other. The gear coupling can handle high torque loads, making it suitable for heavy-duty applications.
4. Misalignment Compensation: One of the key advantages of a gear coupling is its ability to accommodate various types of misalignment, including angular, parallel, and axial misalignments between the connected shafts. This misalignment compensation helps reduce stress on the connected equipment and prevents premature wear.
5. Lubrication: Gear couplings may require lubrication to reduce friction between the gear teeth and ensure smooth operation. Proper lubrication helps improve the efficiency and longevity of the coupling.
Gear couplings are commonly used in various industrial applications, such as power generation, steel mills, mining, and heavy machinery. They offer high torque capacity, excellent misalignment accommodation, and reliability, making them a preferred choice for transmitting power in demanding environments.
editor by CX 2023-10-05